July 7, 2009

Piano and Chocolate...but not at the same time!

I know that my mom and dad are getting really tired of looking at my blog and seeing all this scrapping stuff. They're {patiently} waiting to see photos of their granddaughters!

Emily had her first piano recital on June 20th. She was a little nervous walking onto the stage to announce her piece (she needed a little support from mommy), but once she got situated at the piano and started playing, she was fabulous...perfect rhythm and not a note missed! She is a performer at heart and this was a dream come true for her.

All papers and elements used in this layout are from my "Make a Wish" kit available at Digiridoo Scraps.

We started our Independence Day weekend celebration on July 3rd with a party at our friend's home. We played in the pool all afternoon, had wonderful (and a ridiculous amount of) food and then, watched the fireworks from a great location in the town's central square. The highlight for the girls was the chocolate covered brownies that Ms. Karen unveiled after dinner! Seriously...chocolate covered brownies! The girls had chocolate from ear to ear and all over their hands...no surprise since it was 102 outside! These are the only photos that I have of the weekend because my camera was on my desk at home so I had to use Chuck's Blackberry. Ugh!

All papers and elements used in this layout are from my "Born to be Dirty" kit available at Digiridoo Scraps.