The Chinese culture is full of symbolism and I incorporated some of that symbolism in this kit. For example:
- The color red is considered to be a lucky color especially during the New Year celebration.
- Gold is the color of the imperial emperor and also represents the wish for a prosperous year.
- The orange color was selected because tangerines and oranges are given as gifts to friends and relatives to express good wishes for the coming year.
- Plum blossoms symbolize luck and many Chinese take great care selecting a plum tree for the New Year, much like the selection of a Christmas tree in the US.
- Chrysanthemums and bamboo represent longevity.